« The UK higher education sector has invested approximately £1bn in academic publishing over the last decade (i). In our view, the principles guiding interactions between UK institutions and academic publishers should be:
- Value for money.
- Availability of output to all readers without subscription (e.g., open licensing).
- Transparency in agreements (e.g., making costs openly available).
- Support for and implementation of initiatives such as DORA.
- Support for transparent research practices (e.g., around data and code).
- Support for text and data mining (at no extra cost).
- Active and transparent engagement with expressions of concern. (…) »