« – 1972: A provisional agreement was signed between UNESCO and the French Government to create the ISSN International Centre (CIEPS) in order to manage an International Serials Data System (ISDS).
– 1972-1986: Marie Rosenbaum, Director of the ISSN International Centre.
– 1973: publication of the ISDS Guidelines.
– November, 14th, 1974: Signature of the agreement for the creation of the ISSN International Centre between France and UNESCO. Signatories are Mr René Maheu, General Director of UNESCO, and Mr Pierre Maillard, Ambassador, Permanent Delegate of France to UNESCO.
– 1974: The ISSN International Centre moves to new premises at 20 rue Bachaumont, Paris 2ème.
– September 1974: Distribution of the Bulletin de l’ISDS, bimonthly published in 1500 copies where 2500 new titles are added to each distribution.
– 1975: Creation of the ISDS Register using five existing files from Biosis, le Bulletin signalétique of CNRS, Chemical Abstract Services, Georef and INSPEC.
– January 1976: The ISSN International Centre becomes self-sufficient and is not managed anymore by the Bibliothèque nationale française (…) »